QATAR – US 2021 PHOTOGRAPHY EXCHANGE
Photography has the incredible power of touching the hearts of people of all nationalities, languages, and ages. The Years of Culture photography exchange is a tool that connects people from different cultures to make contact and build intimate and unique friendships.
Each year a photograph exchange takes place between Qatar and a partnering country, exploring each other’s countries through a specific theme. This year, Americans who are currently living in or have recently traveled to Qatar will have the opportunity to participate in the exchange, and have their photographs exhibited during two photography exhibitions, in the US and in Doha.
CALL TO PHOTOGRAPHERS
This is an open call to all American nationals who are currently living in Qatar, or have recently visited the country, to submit their own photographs along the theme: QATARI LANDSCAPE AND ENVIRONMENTALISM. The exhibition aims to focus on the changing Qatari landscape and wildlife and the initiatives in place to conserve this.
Photographers should submit their own images taken in Qatar surrounding their artistic interpretation of this theme to participate in the upcoming Photography Exchange Exhibition that will take place later in 2021.
- Age: 18 years and above
- Location: Qatar
- Submission Type: Online submissions via email to email@example.com
- Deadline for Submissions: October 31, 2021
- Exhibition Scheduled Estimate: Tentatively November – December 2021
To participate in the upcoming Photo Exchange Exhibition, please submit the following:
- National identification proving your eligibility as an American citizen
- Photographs, available for download via Dropbox, WeTransfer, or Google Drive
- Artist statement regarding submitted work
Once the above have been submitted, photographs will be officially entered into the open call and you will receive a confirmation email.
A curator selected by Qatar Museums will choose selected photographs to be a part of the Photography Exchange Exhibition, and the chosen photographers will be notified of the selection via email.
The final photographs will be procured by Qatar Museums as part of their collection, and can potentially be used in the future for legacy purposes with credit. Qatar Museums will bear the cost of printing and framing the photographs for both exhibitions.
The applicants must submit the following documents, no later than Sept 2, 2021:
- Artist Statement (max. 500 words): Describe your photographic process as well as the photograph(s) submitted
- A link to download photographs, from either Dropbox, WeTransfer, or Google Drive
- Additional material (optional, maximum 10 pages): press reviews, publications or any other relevant material can be submitted in a single PDF format via a link from Dropbox, WeTransfer, or Google Drive
- Submissions should include a minimum of 5 photographs, and no more than 10 in total
- Photographs should be in a hi-res, JPEG format that can later be printed as museum quality if chosen
- Avoid watermarks or borders on photographs