To celebrate the Qatar-USA Year of Culture, we are calling on artists to create digital artwork that brings the two cultures together.
We invite you to create a digital work of art that expresses and is inspired by 20th century American Pop-Art and Pop artists, and their vibrant and diverse mainstream culture, while also using Qatari society and culture as a muse. Artists must merge these concepts, creating a cultural exchange between American art and Qatari culture.
We encourage participants to be innovative, flexing their artistic talents while also being creative, fun, vibrant, and exciting.
- Please submit no more than 3 art pieces before the deadline, on September 30th, 2021.
- Submissions should be culturally appropriate.
- There are no age restrictions.
- Size is flexible; however, the resolution must be 300dpi.
How to submit
- Post on your Social Media platforms using the hashtag #QatarUSA2021. We will be promoting the hashtag and reposting on the Years of Culture and Qatar Museums platforms.
- Email your submissions to email@example.com
- Double check this page to confirm that your submission meets the criteria
Criteria for winners
- Originality of the depicted theme: American Pop-art/Qatari Culture
- Quality of artistic composition and overall design (skills displayed)
- Must live in Qatar to accept prizes
There will be 4 winners receiving vouchers worth up to 5000 Qatari Riyal for In-Q and CASS ART.
- In-Q is QM’s gift shop – you can find our stores in Museum of Islamic Arts, National Museum of Qatar and Mathaf.
- CASS Art is Qatar Museums art supply store, located at Fire Station: artists in residence.
Qatar Museums and Year of Culture may use your work later for merchandising, advertising or other occasions.